Receipts must meet the following criteria to be considered valid:
- Receipts where you or a household member were involved in the purchase.
- Receipts can be from any retailer/store for consumer goods purchases of all types such as convenience stores, travel and entertainment, restaurants, grocery stores, clothing stores, sporting goods stores, electronics stores, gas stations, car dealerships, online retailers, etc.
- Receipts must include the store name, purchase date, total amount spent and either phone number or zip code of the store (the entire receipt must be in the photo).
- Purchase date must be in mm/dd/yy format (i.e. 5/7/23 or May 7, 2023)
- Receipts must be in English and in U.S. dollars.
- Receipts must be from retailer/stores located in the United States, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands or Guam.
- Receipts must be readable by our system, so make sure you take a clear photo.
- Receipts must be submitted within the receipt submission window. Please see When must receipts be submitted?
What types of paper receipts should not be submitted?
- A receipt missing: Purchase Date, Store Name and/or Total Price.
- Business or company related purchases. Receipts must be for items purchased for you and your family's personal use.
- Bills such as cell phone, utilities, doctor, car payments, mortgage, insurance, school tuition, legal services, etc.
- Receipts for participation in games of chance (e.g. lottery tickets, scratch-off tickets).
- Receipts with a $0 value.
- Receipts for returns.
- Receipts that are from payment processors (e.g. PayPal, Square), consumer-to-consumer platforms (e.g., eBay, Etsy), or distribution companies (e.g. Ticketmaster, Groupon).
- The same receipt cannot be submitted multiple times. You will get credit for the first submission of the receipt and subsequent submissions will be returned as invalid receipts.
- Receipts may not be shared. This includes both within a member's household and outside of a member's household. For example:
- You may not share a receipt with a spouse or another household member who may also be a ReceiptPal user. Shared receipts submitted from within a household will be considered invalid. Only one instance of a specific receipt within a household will be accepted. If you made the purchase with other ReceiptPal users within your household, the "primary purchaser" should be the ReceiptPal member who submits the receipt.
- You may not share a receipt outside of your household. If your relatives or friends are also ReceiptPal users, receipts may not be shared amongst these other users. Shared receipts submitted from outside a member's household will be considered invalid. Only one instance of a specific receipt will be accepted. If you made the purchase with other ReceiptPal users outside of your household, the "primary purchaser" should be the ReceiptPal member who submits the receipt.
- Blurry receipt images not readable by our system.
- Screenshots from a computer/phone.
- Handwritten receipts
- Any receipt that has handwriting over the original text or is altered in any way from the original.
- Receipts that have been created by someone other than the retailer.
Receipts must be readable by our system, so make sure you take a clear photo and that all receipt information is visible (Do not fold or cover any information on the receipt)
- Account Balance Alerts, Money Orders, ATM Receipts, Account Transfers, Account Inquiries, Wire Transfers, Deposit/Withdrawal Statements, and Bank Draft/Checks.